TECHNICAL ASSISTANT AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
Competitive starting salary of between £21,000 and £25,000, dependent on experience.
This permanent role will initially be remote, with the intention to return to our Chester office in 2022, with a hybrid of office and home working.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Successful candidates will join a strong growing team, working for an extensive range of clients to identify, assess, and communicate the management of safety, environment, and business risk so that they can be effectively managed.
The role will involve supporting the team of consultants with technical requirements as well as supporting business growth.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Technical assistant aspects:
- Document formatting
- Proof-reading reports
- Production of document summaries
- Extracting data from specialist software packages
- Tabulating results into reports
- Generating GIS maps
- Support in production of quotes and tender documentation
Marketing co-ordinator aspects:
- Generating articles and adverts for magazines
- Identifying promotional opportunities
- Social Media updates
- Website content updates
- Organising marketing events
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic individual, able to work autonomously as well as being a team player – someone who knows how important it is to pull together to get the job done
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and be able to organise own work schedule
- Show up to date knowledge and a good command of MS Office
- Maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mind-set and the desire to achieve results
- Be willing to acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and question values inconsistent with our own
- Have experience in technical writing and editing.
RAS works to three core values:
- We do things because we believe in them. It’s the right thing to do for all concerned. This applies equally to our actions for clients externally, and internally for our organisation.
- We are different in how we approach issues. We think things through from first principles. It is important to us that we are innovative and creative.
- People are at the centre of everything. What we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
- Commitment to investing in professional development that suits your particular needs
- Regular pay reviews, and bonus related to company and individual performance
- Pension scheme
- Company Employer Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to the usual public holidays in England and Wales
- Extra holiday for long service
- Access to company electric car scheme after two years of employment
- Free on-site parking
- A ready supply of fresh fruit, along with free tea, coffee, and cordial