PROCESS SAFETY CONSULTANT
Job Reference – PSC-0122
Competitive starting salary of between £28,500 to £31,000 dependent on experience.
This permanent role will be based at our Chester office with a hybrid of office and home working.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Successful candidates will join a strong growing team, working for an extensive range of clients to identify, assess, and communicate the management of safety, environment, and business risk so that they can be effectively managed.
The role will involve working on projects relating to safety, environmental risk management and permitting. This includes hazard identification, consequence modelling, risk assessments, research, and other client-led requirements.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Technical support on projects
- Generating GIS maps
- Support in production of quotes and tender documentation
- Interpretation of data
- Interpretation of industry legislation, standards, and good practice
- Graphical representation of results
- Presentation of findings
- Technical report writing
- Supporting senior consultants as necessary
- Scribing at hazard studies and other workshops
- Safety report authoring
- Quantified risk assessment
- Use of specialist software to determine hazard effects related to Major Accident Hazards
- Auditing and review of client safety management systems against good practice
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic individual, able to work autonomously as well as being a team player – someone who knows how important it is to pull together to get the job done
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and be able to organise own work schedule
- Show up to date knowledge and a good command of MS Office
- Maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mind-set and the desire to achieve results
- Be willing to acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and question values inconsistent with our own
- Hold a Degree (2:1 or above) in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline. The RAS team has a diverse range of academic backgrounds; problem solving, and logical thought processing are the main skills required
- Understand clients’ needs and build good relationships.
- Maintain willingness to travel when necessary (occasional overnight travel required).
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
RAS works to three core values:
- We do things because we believe in them. It’s the right thing to do for all concerned. This applies equally to our actions for clients externally, and internally for our organisation.
- We are different in how we approach issues. We think things through from first principles. It is important to us that we are innovative and creative.
- People are at the centre of everything. What we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
- Commitment to investing in professional development that suits your particular needs
- Regular pay reviews, and bonus related to company and individual performance
- Pension scheme
- Company Employer Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to the usual public holidays in England and Wales
- Extra holiday for long service
- Access to company electric car scheme after two years of employment
- Free on-site parking
- A ready supply of fresh fruit, along with free tea, coffee, and cordial