GRADUATE RISK & HAZARD MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Job Reference – GRHMC-05
Competitive starting salary of between £22,500 and £25,000, dependent on experience.
This permanent role will be based at our Chester office with a hybrid of office and home working.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Extracting data from specialist software packages
- Proof reading reports
- Generating GIS maps
- Production of document summaries
- Interpretation of data
- Interpretation of industry legislation, standards, and good practice
- Graphical representation of results
- Presentation of findings
- Technical report writing
- Supporting senior consultants as necessary
- Scribing at hazard studies and other workshops
- Be an enthusiastic individual, able to work autonomously as well as being a team player – someone who knows how important it is to pull together to get the job done
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and be able to organise own work schedule
- Show up to date knowledge and a good command of MS Office
- Maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mind-set and the desire to achieve results
- Be willing to acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and question values inconsistent with our own
- Hold a Degree (2:1 or above) in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline. The RAS team has a diverse range of academic backgrounds; problem solving, and logical thought processing are the main skills required
- Understand clients’ needs and build good relationships.
- Maintain willingness to travel when necessary (occasional overnight travel required).
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- We do things because we believe in them. It’s the right thing to do for all concerned. This applies equally to our actions for clients externally, and internally for our organisation.
- We are different in how we approach issues. We think things through from first principles. It is important to us that we are innovative and creative.
- People are at the centre of everything. What we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
- Commitment to investing in professional development that suits your particular needs
- Regular pay reviews, and bonus related to company and individual performance
- Pension scheme
- Company Employer Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to the usual public holidays in England and Wales
- Extra holiday for long service
- Access to company electric car scheme after two years of employment
- Free on-site parking
- A ready supply of fresh fruit, along with free tea, coffee, and cordial