RAS Limited specialises in safety, environment and business risk within the oil and gas, pharmaceutical and speciality chemical sectors. A rapidly developing company, we are keen to deliver our vision for the business in the future and need more like-mind people to join us.
Our flat, lean structure doesn’t encourage the traditional linear career progression. Instead, developing your career is much more about progressing within your role. Unusual maybe, but our people thrive on it; and it’s a big part of what makes ours a unique and rewarding place to work.
We want every individual to grow and flourish, to stretch in the role they choose. We empower you to take ownership of your own career and decide how it evolves, giving you the support you need through on-the-job experience, coaching from your manager and formal training. Our approach enables our people to develop their talents in a fair, flexible way. It’s competitive, but it’s not about stepping on someone else – it’s about being the best you can be.
People who work for RAS don’t just come here to do a job – they have a real passion for what they do and a desire to do the best job they can. In return, we offer:
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to the usual public holidays in England and Wales
- Extra holiday for long service
- Free on-site parking
- The opportunity to join our contributory company pension plan within five weeks of employment
- A ready supply of fresh fruit, along with free tea, coffee and cordial.
- Policies which cover areas such as maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave, parental leave
- Special leave (including time off for medical appointments, jury service, bereavement, pubic duties)
- Urgent time off for emergencies
Applying for a position
How it Works
- Please note the closing date – we can’t accept late applications
- After the closing date, we’ll process your application
- We try our best to respond to all applicants, but if you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
You need to make sure your application does you justice and provides you with the best possible chance of getting an interview. This means taking time over your application and demonstrating your skills and experience.
Make sure that you complete all the sections of the application form and upload an up to date CV and a covering letter. The covering letter is your opportunity to sell yourself; make sure you use it to your advantage. You can include any information here that has not been covered elsewhere on the form. Tell us what attracted you to the role, why you’ll be good at it and why you’ll fit in well at RAS. You can also include, among other things, details about your skills, knowledge and/or experience which is relevant to the post; identify any employment gaps; voluntary work you have accomplished; and research, publication and/or presentation experience. Stick to the point and be brief – one side of A4 should be enough.
The ‘personal information’ and ‘monitoring information’ sections will not be used for shortlisting but will be kept for administrative purposes only.
Depending on what role you’re applying for, your interview might include one or more of the following:
- Competency-based interview
- Verbal and numerical test
- Case study
- Carefully research the company in general, and the business area of the role in particular
- Think of your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the job you are interviewing for
- Use online lists of typical interview questions to prepare
- Collect examples from your work history to show that you have the experience/skill to perform the key tasks specified in the job description. If this is your first job and you do not have specific experience, use examples from areas such as your education, interests, hobbies, and so on
- Prepare questions about the role, its tasks and challenges and future development possibilities
On the day
- Be punctual and dress professionally
- Listen to the question carefully and be to the point when answering it
- Provide evidence of your achievements backed up with facts and figures
- Be confident and enthusiastic
- Interview us: You need to find out if we are right for you
- Be honest and truthful
- Relax and enjoy yourself